Watch this page for our spring and fall newsletters, monthly e-blasts, news updates on senior issues and monthly calendar updates. Click here to sign up for newsletters.
Proposed federal budget could mean cuts to Meals on Wheels
Read the Seniors First Inc. Statement on Budget Blueprint and Meals on Wheels Program here.
Holidays can be quite lonely for our elderly loved ones who don’t have family or friends nearby. But there are some simple and meaningful gestures we can do for the Easter holiday that our seniors will appreciate.
- Consider buying your elderly loved one an Easter lily as a gift to brighten their home or set in their window. This flower symbolizes hope, purity, joy, peace and life.
- Give seeds or plant flowers with your loved one to mark the beginning of spring.
- Go on a scenic walk and take in the beauty of nature.
- Bring a basket of healthy treats and homemade goods.
- Consider making a gift to Seniors First in an elderly loved one’s honor. Your gift will go a long way to support our community’s most vulnerable seniors.
Get Ready to Dazzle and Dine in Style!
Reserve your tickets now! Seniors First will be presenting the 10th annual High Tea & Hats fundraiser on Sunday, April 30, 2017 at the Rosen Plaza Hotel. Enjoy a leisurely luncheon with traditional tea time fare, participate in a “stylish hat” parade and contest. Bid on amazing items in our silent and chance auctions. Proceeds benefit Meals On Wheels and other programs that help seniors live independently.
Thanks Publix Super Markets Charities!
Thanks to Publix Super Markets Charities for its continued support as a Seniors First Community Partner. The company’s donation of $20,000 supports programs and services such as Meals on Wheels, In-Home and Personal Care and Stepping Stone Medical Equipment Bank. It’s partnerships like this that help to ensure seniors in our community are provided services that keep them living safe, healthy and independent lives.
Thanks Bank of America!
Bank of America employees volunteered at our L. Claudia Allen neighborhood lunch site March 3 and spent time socializing and joining in on activities with our seniors. The seniors really enjoyed the company!