How We Help Our Community
- Care Management: Seniors First offers many services that help frail seniors retain their independence and self esteem so that they can remain in their own homes. Each client is assigned a Care Manager who assesses their needs and monitors their care on a monthly basis.
- Guardianship: Guardianship is available for indigent adults 18 and older who have been legally declared unable to care for themselves and do not have relatives or friends to act as guardians.
- Home Improvement: Trained staff and volunteers provide assistance to seniors who are physically and/or financially unable to repair their homes. Includes minor plumbing, carpentry, and exterior painting is available. We also work to lower seniors power bills and increase their comfort by installing ceiling fans, replacing windows, screens, and doors.
- Homemaker: Our homemaking team provides light housekeeping and home management services such as laundry, grocery shopping, errands and cooking. (AHCA License Number – 231446)
- In-home Respite: Qualified respite workers provide a break for caregivers.
- Meals On Wheels: Nutritious meals, warm conversation and regular safety checks are provided to home-bound seniors living in Orange County.
- Neighborhood Lunch Program with Transportation: Hot, nutritious meals in a social environment are provided weekdays at designated neighborhood lunch sites in Orange County. The program includes pick-up and drop-of bus service to registered participants.Transportation service is provided in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act.
- Personal Care: Homebound clients receive general hygiene services — including bath care, shampoos, shaves for men, dressing, feeding, ambulating, etc. NOTE: Seniors First staff directly provides this service for clients funded through and under the auspices as Lead Agency for the Department of Elder Affairs.
Stepping Stone Medical Equipment Bank
Stepping Stone refurbishes donated medical equipment and redistributes it free of charge, or at a nominal fee, to individuals in need. Phone: 407-649-4100 (AHCA License Number – 1312981)